Things to Consider before you fly
Bradley terminals are open 24 hours a day. Most airline ticket counters open between 4:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. Please call your airline with specific questions regarding flight information.
- For a complete list of items that are prohibited in Aircraft Cabins (and would not pass through security screenings), please visit the Transportation Security Administration’s web site.
- Please check with your airline to see how soon before your flight you should arrive (most recommend 60-90 minutes).
- Due to new security measures, travelers purchasing an airline ticket or checking bags must be checked in 45 minutes prior to flight departure. In addition, all ticketed passengers must be at the departure gate 15 minutes prior to departure. Reservations are subject to cancellation if these procedures are not followed.
- Passengers departing from Bradley should contact their airlines by phone or the internet to confirm the status of their flights.
- If bringing gifts, leave them unwrapped.
- For those seeing friends or family off at Bradley, drop off travelers and luggage at the arrival area of their respective airlines and then park in short-term parking.
- For people with confirmed paper or electronic tickets, curbside check-in may be the fastest way to check luggage and receive a boarding pass.
- If you have a paper ticket for a domestic flight, passengers age 18 and over must present one form of photo identification issued by a local state or federal government agency (e.g.: passport/drivers license/military ID), or two forms of non-photo identification, one of which must have been issued by a state or federal agency (e.g.: U.S. social security card). For an international flight, you will need to present a valid passport, visa, or any other required documentation. Passengers without proper ID may be denied boarding.
- For e-tickets, you will need to show your photo identification and e-ticket receipt to receive your boarding pass.
- It is strongly suggested that passengers contact their particular airline as to what the ID requirements are.
- Carry-on luggage is limited to one bag plus one of the following personal items: a purse, briefcase, laptop computer, or small bookbag style backpack.
- Limit metal objects worn on your person.
- Travelers should remove all metal objects prior to passing through the metal detectors in order to facilitate the screening process.
- Prepare cellphones, cameras and pagers for screening before arriving at security checkpoint. Only ticketed passengers will be allowed access to boarding areas.
- Remove laptop computers from your cases.
- Information on parking availability can be obtained by calling (860) 627-3555.